Wednesday 13 January 2016

Green Zinger Smoothie

As with most of the UK, I have resolved to begin the new year a little healthier and shed the last stone of baby weight that I’m still holding onto 15 months later. I have added a couple of exercise sessions a week to my lifestyle and so far, so good, but most importantly, I’ve started making some small changes to my diet, as I do like to indulge and so am restricting calories and cutting down on carbs whilst trying to still enjoy a balanced diet.

Late in 2015 I invested in a Nutribullet and I have loved experimenting with flavours and fruit and vegetable combinations. The rule is that these should be at least half vegetable based to avoid being a sugar-laden start to the day which I do follow as much as possible.I like to start my day with a Nutriblast/Smoothie/Juice - whatever you call them, they are great.

Here’s one of my favourites which I like to call the Green Zinger – the ginger gives it a lovely zing (hence the name) and the avocado makes it a lovely creamy consistency. It’s 376 calories which is quite high compared to some of the others, but it’s a great combination that is filling and full of green goodness.

Green Zinger Smoothie

  • ½ avocado
  • 1 kiwi
  • 10g ginger
  • 40g kale
  • 10g sunflower seeds
  • 100-150ml water (depends on which consistency you prefer)



Remove the avocado from its shell/skin, pop the kiwi (no need to peel), kale, sunflower seeds and fresh ginger into your Nutribullet or blender. Add the water and blitz for 20 seconds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment