Tuesday 19 January 2016

A London Lunch: The Refinery

Borough Market Flatbread, The Refinery

Recently I've moved into the Bankside buildings on Southwark Street for a 2-month freelance stint and have once again become acquainted with The Refinery that is just next door.

Part of the Drake & Morgan publican and restaurant group, I always find the food at The Refinery to be of a decent standard given the price and location. I have before now enjoyed the likes of fish and chips, burgers and the sandwiches and have never been disappointed.

Last week I met my friend Larni for a quick lunch and enjoyed the utterly delicious and filling Borough Market Flatbread, topped with rocket, cherry and sundried tomatoes, chorizo in two forms, sweet roasted peppers and a mustard vinaigrette. It was a fabulous lunch, especially given the inexpensive cost of £9.95. I was heading to hot yoga that evening at 1-2-1 Urban Hot Yoga, Hornchurch, that evening so this was a perfect filling lunch to last me until a late evening smoothie.

If you are in the area The Refinery is definitely one to try - aside from great tasting and reasonably priced pub grub, you'll find yourself in bright, airy and modern surroundings and the atmosphere is generally good too - a great place for Thursday or Friday lunch to ease your way into the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment