Wednesday 9 September 2015

A London Lunch: Wild Boar Tortelloni with Mushroom Sauce from La Tua


For a few weeks I have been freelancing at London Bridge and after all my #30daysfit hard work Borough Market has a lot to answer for. Offering up all manner of deliciousness on a daily basis at its’ many vendors – I have my favourites from previous jaunts here, but this time around I have found a new favourite – La Tua.

This gorgeous fresh pasta stalwart has been going since 2006 and I’m so, so glad I stumbled across their permanent shop at the side of Borough Market a few weeks back.

I’ve tried their gnocchi and ravioli for lunchtime filling but my absolute favourite has been the Wild Boar Tortelloni with Mushroom Sauce. Aside from the fact the pasta is freshly made the day before serving, so is absolutely perfect and delicious – the filling is meaty, earthy and unctuous and seasoned beautifully and what brings it together and makes it utterly moreish is the beautiful mushroom sauce. It’s slightly creamy but woody, and has an almost meaty taste and texture to it – I’ve found it addictive and am hoping they eventually jar and sell this sauce!

On that note, La Tua also offers fresh pasta to purchase that you can take home and again, I have and it is delicious – the Spinach Taglionni has been my favourite to date.


A lunchtime portion is generous and priced between £5-8 which given the quality is fair. It’s a delight for pasta lovers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment